This easy gluten free pastry recipe uses gluten free plain flour. Fill with your filling of choice and bake for 15 – 20 minutes, keeping an eye on it as it can burn quite easily.
– 200g gluten-free plain flour
– 100g cold butter, cubed
– 4 tbl cold water
– 1 egg
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, add the cubed butter and rub in until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs
- Combine the water with the egg and pour 4 tbsp into the flour and butter mix
- Bring together with a large spatula, add more liquid if the mixture is dry [NB the pastry needs to remain fairly wet – water will continue to be absorbed whilst the pastry rests]
- Rest in the fridge for 20 minutes before using.