This is a solid and versatile recipe to which you can add your own flavourings. The following represents quite an indulgent version, maybe to have on a Friday!
Base recipe (serves 2):
– 90g oats
– 1 tablespoon of chia seeds (for energy and Omega 3)
– 450ml of nut milk or just water
– 2 ways of making this porridge
1. Soak the above in a bowl over night, stir with your choice of flavourings and enjoy. This will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days if you have made too much.
2. Soak the above in a pan for 10-15 minutes with your choice of flavourings in the morning and then simmer gently for 5 minutes for a hot porridge. Stir any superfoods in at the last minute.
Our additional flavourings:
– 1 tablespoon of cacao
– 1 tablespoon of ground almonds
– 1 grated pear
– 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
– 1 tablespoon of goji berries
– 1 tablespoon of desiccated coconut
– Drizzle of date syrup
You can add other superfood powders as well just before serving, such as a teaspoon of lucucma, baobab, bee pollen, maca or ashwaganda for energy.
NOTE: if you are not used to taking bee pollen just start with just 1 pellet (in case of allergy). Ashwaganda is not safe for children or during pregnancy. Cacao is a stimulant.