If you’re anything like us you will still be feeling a bit overindulgent after the Christmas period. Which is why we are hitting the detox to cleanse our bodies and kickstart our metabolisms. Detoxing can be hard but there are some simple tips you can stick to give your system a break.
Our top detox tips are:
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol. Your liver needs a break! Instead, try drinking herbal tea infusions such as nettle or chamomile to calm and cleanse.
- Drink at least 2 litres of water a day. Fill a large bottle at the start of the day and keep it on your desk so you can easily monitor how much you are drinking and flush out your system.
- Avoid processed foods. No more ready meals, biscuits or crisps. You have no idea how much salt and other rubbish is in them and they will not help your body to detox.
- Cut down on dairy. Give your body a break by avoiding too much milk and cheese. Instead look for soya or nut replacements.
- Eat at least 5 a day (try raising this gradually, 5 is the bare minimum). It can be easy to get through a whole day without eating one piece of fruit or a vegetable. Make a conscious effort to eat at least 5 a day. Your body will thank you.
- Drink fresh juices. No cooking but juicing means you get all of the nutrients. Experiment with vegetable juices like beetroot and carrot to really give a boost.
- COOK! This way you can control what goes into your food and how it is cooked. Choose steaming over frying and pack in flavour using fresh herbs and spices instead of fat.
- Or go RAW! Try including raw food in your diet. Have raw carrots as a snack and try and get creative with your salads to really ingest as much goodness as you can.
For more pointers on cooking, baking and raw food, checkout our classes.