Deep Fried Enoki ‘Flowers’ Medium
Deceptively simple to make, visually stunning and delicious!
- 120g plain flour
- 120g corn flour
- 300ml cold beer (or sparkling mineral water)
- 1 tablespoon of Togarashi spice mix
- 100g enoki mushrooms
- il for frying
Yuzu dipping sauce:
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Mirin
- 1 tablespoon black vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of Yuzu juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 spring onion, sliced
Combine the flours and spice mix in a bowl.
Start adding the beer and combine.
Preheat the oil for deep frying to 180C.
Dip the enoki mushrooms into the batter and carefully lower into the hot oil.
Fry until the batter is crispy and everything is cooked (3-4 minutes).
Serve topped with a chilli sauce or try making the delicious yuzu dipping sauce by combining all the ingredients and serve.