Marmite, Mushroom & Potato Soup Easy
Deliciously warming and savoury soup.
- 1 tablespoon of Fussels Smoked Rapeseed Oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 400g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Small handful of dried mushrooms
- 500ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon of marmite
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- Few sprigs of dill
- Truffle Oil
- 2 poached eggs
Preheat the smoked/truffle flavoured oil in a large pan.
Add the onion, half the fresh mushrooms and a large pinch of salt and fry until golden.
Add the garlic and cumin and cook for another minute.
Add the stock, dried mushrooms, marmite and potatoes add simmer for 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
Blend the soup and keep warm.
Fry the remaining mushroom until golden.
Pour the soup into 2 bowls, decorate with the fried mushrooms, egg, dill and a drizzle of truffle oil.
To learn how to poach egg, check out our egg cooking video.