- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- garlic clove, finely sliced
- 200g Arborio rice
- 75ml dry white wine
- 900ml stock or water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of Crème fraiche
- 200g cooked pumpkin flesh
- Few small cubes of pumpkin, fried until crispy
- Fresh sage, fried until crispy
- Chopped hazelnuts
Heat the oil in a pan.
Add the chopped onion and sweat until translucent.
Then the garlic. Fry for one minute
Add the rice and heat until you can’t touch the grains.
Pour in the wine and let it be absorbed.
Start adding your stock. Add ladle by ladle, waiting for it to be absorbed before each addition.
Keep the pan hot and stir constantly to keep the starch moving.
Season little and often to maintain control over the flavour. Keep tasting.
When the rice has only a slight crunch left, add the parmesan and melt into the risotto.
Add the pumpkin flesh and keep cooking.
Cook until al dente, adding more water if necessary.
Season one last time, the crème fraiche to taste.
Pour into to bowls and decorate.
Chef’s tip: you can also decorate the risotto with crushed amaretti biscuits or even better – toasted brioche croutons.