Rocky road is an absolutely classic treat, but often a little predictable. The added honeycomb and popping candy makes our version a bit more interesting!
Butter for greasing
200g caster sugar
75g golden syrup
2 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda
200g good quality dark chocolate
15g golden syrup
Small bowl of mini marshmallows
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
Zest of 1 orange
1 tablespoon of dried rose petals
2 tablespoons of popping candy
Makes 24 small portions
- Grease a baking paper with butter and place on a metal tray.
- Combine the sugar and golden syrup in a pan and melt on a low heat.
- When the sugar has melted bring to a boil.
- Once you achieve a rich terracotta colour tip the bicarbonate of soda into the pan and stir until combined and starting to rise.
- Pour onto the prepared tray.
- Leave to cool at room temperature.
- Smash the honeycomb using rolling pin.
- To finish off the rocky road, melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a saucepan over low heat.
- Combine the honeycomb with the remaining ingredients, saving the popping candy for later and pour the melted chocolate mixture over it, combine thoroughly.
- When almost ready, add the popping candy and make sure it is distributed evenly.
- Pour onto a tray lined with a greased baking paper.
- Leave to set in the fridge.
- Slice the rocky road into cubes and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- This will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.