Steak III: Bavette
Bavette is French for ‘bib’ or ‘dribbles’, possibly referring to the effect this tasty cut has on the diner. Whatever it means, when it’s done right this is an absolutely exquisite piece of meat.
All you need us a large bavette steak and a few knobs of butter (optional).
- Heat a large glug of oil in a pan
- Season the steak on both sides and place into the pan
- Sixty to ninety seconds on the first side and give the other side the same so both sides are properly seared
- Throw the butter in at the end and give it one last go round in the pan, for extra colour and flavour
- Rest for 2 minutes
- Slice along the grain and serve