This delicious recipe comes from head chef Barbora’s Danish mother-in-law – enjoy!
For the hazelnut ring:
300g hazelnuts (or almonds)
250-300g icing sugar
6 egg whites (keep one egg yolk for chocolate covering)
For the chocolate covering:
1 egg yolk
75g dark chocolate
½ dl (50ml) strong coffee
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees – 155 fan and grease a ring mould very carefully with butter.
2. Roast the hazelnuts in the oven or on a dry frying pan first then blend them with the icing sugar. Whip the egg whites till very stiff and mix into the nuts.
3. Bake for 50 mins to an hour and leave in mould to cool before turning out.
Chocolate covering ( optional)
1. Melt the chocolate in the strong coffee in a bain marie – stir in the rest of the ingredients and wait till the butter is melted. Let cool for a bit.
2. Pour chocolate over cake and decorate top with chopped hazelnuts.