Buttermilk, lemon and poppy seeds pancakes Medium
These are super easy to make, yet incredibly indulgent!
- 250g self-raising flour
- Large pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of poppy seeds
- Zest from 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 480g buttermilk
Add the dried ingredients into a large bowl.
Pour in the liquid ingredients and whisk until smooth.
Preheat a frying pan to medium and brush with oil.
Fry the pancakes in batches.
Pour a spoonful of the mixture into the pan and as soon as you see bubbles appearing, flip them.
Keep warm in a low oven until you cook the rest.
Enjoy with yoghurt, fruit, butter or just honey!