Korean Spiced Deep Fried Prawns Medium
A taste of Korean street-style food.
- 12 large raw prawns
- 2 tablespoons of rice or plain flour
- 1 egg
- 20g fine panko breadcrumbs
- Large pinch of onion and garlic powder
- Large pinch of ground chipotle
- Large pinch of dried basil
- 1/8 spoon of ground coriander seeds
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Oil for deep frying
Combine the breadcrumbs with the spices and herbs and pour into a bowl.
Pour the flour into another bowl and whisk the egg in a third bowl.
Preheat 1 inch of the oil in a tall saucepan to 180C.
Butterfly the prawns by cutting along the top, being careful not to cut all the way through and remove the intestinal tract.
Dredge the prawns in the flower, followed buy the egg and lastly the breadcrumbs.
Deep fry these in the hot oil for 2-3 minutes (depending on their size) until cooked through.
Serve hot with a wedge of lime!