Green beans have a great flavour when cooked lightly and can be enhanced by the addition of spices.
- 400g green beans, mange tout or sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon of chilli oil
- 2 tablespoons of flaked almonds
- 1 tablespoon of Zaatar spice mix
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon of pomegranate molasses
- Large pinch of salt
Steam the beans for 4-5 minutes.
Toast the almonds in a dry pan until golden brown, tip them out of the pan and leave to one side.
Heat the oil in a pan and add the beans, molasses, salt and zaatar spice mix.
Since the beans are cooked, you are only looking to heat them through.
Decorate with the seeds and almonds and serve.