Sauce gribiche with shrimp
This is a fairly unusual, but intriguing dish. Impress your guests at a dinner party.
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped cornichon
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped capers
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar
- 1 hardboiled egg, grated
- 1 teaspoon of grainy mustard
- 100g cooked brown shrimps
- Large pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine all of the above and whisk together
Serve with chicken or vegetables.
We are serving this with leeks, which have been roasted at a very high temperature (260C), until the inside is melt in the mouth soft and the outer layer is crispy and black (about 30 minutes). This is a delicious combination and it is also perfect for using up those leeks which are starting to dry out.