Spicy Falafel Medium
- 200g dried chickpeas
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 small white onion
- 1 tablespoon of chickpeas flour (or plain flour)
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- 4 parsley sprigs, leaves only
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (or more if you like it hot)
- Oil for frying
Soak the chickpeas in plenty of water overnight.
The next day, place half the drained chickpeas in a food processor with the remaining ingredients and process until the mixture resembles cous cous.
Add the rest of the chickpeas and blend until the mixture is somewhere between the consistency of cous cous and a paste.
Place the mixture in the fridge to cool it down.
Preheat the oil for deep frying in a large pan to 160C.
Using a couple of soup spoons, shape the mixture and really push it together.
Fry for 5-6 minutes (flipping them half way through) in batches until golden brown.
Drain on a kitchen paper.
- Salad leaves
- Baby plum tomatoes
- Cooked quinoa
- Pine nuts
- For an extra fiery kick, drizzle a little chilli over the top
- Yoghurt and Tahini Dressing (to keep it vegan, use your favourite vegan dressing): combine 100g natural yoghurt, 1 teaspoon of tahini and a little lemon juice