Mussels are wonderfully versatile. Make sure you watch the tutorial on how to prepare mussels.
- 1kg fresh mussels, cleaned
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 stalk of lemon grass, bruised
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Small bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
Heat the oil in a large pan and add the shallot and a pinch of salt
Once the onion is softening, add the garlic, chilli and lemon grass
After a minute, pour in the coconut milk and bring to a boil
Add in the mussels and place the lid on the pan
Leave for 3-5 minutes, until all the mussels have opened (discard any that have not opened)
Enjoy with bread to mop up the lovely juices!