Spicy Tofu Canapés Easy
Great served as a canapé or starter alongside a salad.
- 1 slab of firm tofu, cubed
- 1 jalapeno chilli (or other chilli, if you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon of Garlic Oil for Cooking
- 1 tablespoon of date syrup (or maple syrup or honey)
- 1 tablespoon of soy or tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon of miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of black (or white) sesame seeds
Using a pestle and mortar, smash the chilli and garlic together, using a pinch of salt to help it along.
You can also just chop both very finely together.
Add the spices, date syrup and miso and continue to combine.
Add the tamari, garlic cooking oil and sesame seeds and combine with the cubed tofu and leave to marinate for at least an hour at room temperature
Fry at high heat until crispy (5-8 minutes)
Serve with toothpick!